Artificial intelligence is ruling the market by introducing services that will change both the customer experience and the way we look at customers.
The healthcare industry consists of medical instrument manufacturers, government and private sector hospitals, clinics, pathology labs etc. And includes diagnosis, medical care, illness prevention, and wellness. The industry is expected to reach 280 billion USD by the year 2020 and around 372 billion USD by the time we reach 2022. Which will be three times larger when compared to 2017. AI technologies will build profits for the healthcare industry and rise by 50-55% around 2035. And it is expected to contribute enormously to the economic growth.
The growth of any industry is only possible when technological innovation enables smart and efficient work processes. Just like what AI based apps do. So, it’s no surprise that, at the moment, healthcare application development companies are much sought-after in the healthcare industry now.
Before we jump in the list of top AI apps and solutions in healthcare, let’s have a quick look at top 10 benefits of AI in healthcare.
10 benefits of AI in healthcare
1. Introducing better practices: Patients who are suffering from illness or have regular health check-ups; all come with expectations to be treated with care and availability of uninterrupted services. AI enables the best possible arrangements such as scheduling the check-ups, treatments, and surgeries.
2. Improved services: AI includes machines that have been instructed to care for the patients and can manage multiple tasks compared to any human being. Best assistance to the staff members enables them to serve the better.
3. Quality assurance: There is no emotional involvement, that can hamper the customer experience thus the involvement of AI-based apps will not deviate from the focal point of quality.
4. Reduced manual activities: AI saves you from the repetitive tasks of data entry for patient’s tests and report details, provides structured data, extracts information, and converts to data. Improves backend work is possible with structured instructions.
5. Controlled monitoring: Timely check-ups of patients, scheduling the tests, X-rays, CT scans and other such activities that need human presence and interference can be reduced with the help of AI. Automated updates and schedule notifications are entirely time savers.
6. Data capture and secured healthcare data: The data in healthcare is not just patient or case history it is base for treatment and research hence the precision in capturing it and managing is of utmost importance. AI facilitates in collecting and managing medical and other data.
7. Analyzing data of research, diseases, patients, and treatments: Hospital’s administrative staff and doctors need to check the data for the various reasons thus the availability of accurate data are Data capturing by AI-based apps empower the analysis and the real-time data helps to take immediate actions.
8. Risk assessment: Medical urgencies and risks are parallel in nature demanding not only in time action, however providing a platform to assess the risk of treatment with the use of data collected by AI-based
9. Data Storage on Cloud linked to the web portals: AI has eliminated the barriers of data storage and data access. Now 24 hours data availability on apps reduces human dependencies and assists whenever needed.
10. Savings on medical expenses: With the increased profits to the healthcare industry, the customers will save on medical due to accurate treatment, surgeries, and medicine prescribed by AI-based
AI apps being used in healthcare
Here are a few of the best examples of healthcare app; the perfect blend of top human and machine capabilities in terms of intelligence and accuracy.
1. da Vinci robot for robotic surgery
This AI-assisted da Vinci robot allows surgeons to perform surgeries in tight places where a human hand would not work efficiently. It reduces the chances of human error as well as provides precision and steadiness to handle even the most delicate of surgeries. And thus, successfully reducing the chances of surgical complications.
2. Sense.ly for virtual nursing assistants
The digital nurse which runs on machine learning algorithms. It can be fed data of a patient’s medical history. It can then help monitor the patient’s condition based on the said history. Additionally, the virtual nursing assistant can keep track of appointments and predict follow-up treatments and fill the gap between doctor visits.
3. IBM Watson Health & Microsoft’s InnerEye for diagnosis
This eye diagnosis app provides instant detection of eye diseases. With the computer-aided interpretation of medical images, the app can highlight affected areas and even diagnose which disease or tumor the patient is suffering from.
4. Babylon Health for Analysis
AI is probably the best companion in the field of disease and virus research. This particular app can help analyze and diagnose diseases. As well as predict the spread of diseases or hunt new viruses.
5. Zephyr Health for Treatment design
Zephyr Health uses AI to help make personalized treatment plans for patients based on their medical history. What’s more, it can also identify better therapies or treatment procedures for patients if the current processes are not working.
6. Babylon Health & Sentrain for Digital consultation & monitoring
AI consultation with apps like Babylon we can save time and reach more people, it uses a personal medical history and general medical knowledge. Remote patient monitoring is possible using Sentrain.
7. Splice Machine & QIAGEN Clinical Insight (QCI) for precision medicine
This AI-based app is the one-stop solution for better medication identification and management. The app can successfully reduce dosage error and trigger timely distribution of medicine and medication management.
8. Google Deepmind Health for fast-track medical information
Here is an app that can process and trace relevant medical information from thousands of medical records. Thereby, reducing the amount of time spent manually scanning that data.
9. Careskore for patient health calculations
Careskore is an app built for monitoring patient vitals, specifically for those who are not admitted to the hospital. It calculates and predicates when a patient needs to be readmitted to the hospital using AI.
10. Drug Formulation
AI can help human to master drug discovery, testing, and manufacturing of drug need chemical balance. Currently, a few pharma companies are using AI for drug discovery.
The service and manufacturing sector of healthcare both have benefited by artificial intelligence being introduced to multiply the abilities to serve the market efficiently.
The myth that AI will impact the job availability is absolutely created by the notions of non-acceptance to change by some. AI-based apps may reduce the workload and improve the abilities to provide top-quality jobs and satisfaction to people and employers.